Picture

Daniel Shays' House from The History of Pelham

Date: 1898
Creator: Unknown
About this artifact

It is not known when Daniel Shays came to Pelham, Massachusetts, but he was there when the alarm from Lexington arrived in 1775, and joined a company under Captain Reuben Dickinson of Amherst. This house is on the Prescott side of the West Branch of the Swift River. The image was taken from The History of Pelham, from 1738 to 1898, Including the Early History of Prescott, by C.O. Parmenter, Amherst, 1898.

zoom icon

/artifacts/views/house_shays.jpg
Courtesy Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield, MA