|Creator:||Pelham Bicentennial Committee|
The Old Pelham Meeting House, built in 1743, is the oldest town hall in continuous use in the United States. Used for both church and town meetings until 1839, it remains in use as a town hall today. Daniel Shays and other Regulators, including Henry McCulloch, met here to discuss their grievances against the Massachusetts government and constitution. This picture was taken for the Pelham Bicentennial Celebration in 1946.